Electric Vehicle, Battery Technology and Supply Chain Fellowship, Berlinvon International Council on Clean Transportation gGmbH
Basisdaten zum Inserat
- Master’s degree in science, economics, engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly with Excel
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to work independently and engage effectively with other team members
- Demonstrated interest and experience studying energy, transportation, and climate change
- Expertise in battery technologies or mining is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 141 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The ICCT is seeking a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic person to contribute to studies on electric vehicle battery technology trends and on battery raw material supply chains. A new project at the ICCT compares the projected demand for selected battery materials in major international markets, such as Europe, the United States, China, India, and Indonesia with currently planned mining and production capacities. Further, the project investigates how factors such as the future market shares of battery technologies, optimized battery sizing, and an efficient recycling environment could reduce future demand and environmental impact compared to a baseline scenario. The position will be based in our Berlin, Germany office, and you will work with an international research team of ICCT colleagues in the selected markets.
- Summarize and evaluate technology trends within lithium-ion batteries, such as anode and cathode material developments, as well as alternative technologies, such as sodium-ion and solid-state batteries
- Collect and analyze data on electric vehicle uptake projections, regional vehicle market characteristics, as well as planned mining, processing, and battery cell production capacities
- Contribute to high-quality research to support the development of policies on supply chain, battery production, and recycling, as well as electric vehicle energy efficiency policies
- Support in writing white papers, briefings, and blog posts
- Collaborate with ICCT staff on emerging projects based on need and perform other duties as assigned
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for a duration of 9 to 10 months, with a targeted start date in June or July 2023. This position will be based in our Berlin, Germany office. This fellowship provides a competitive compensation of €3,000 per month based on education, skills, and experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, two relevant writing samples (links to other applicable reports within your resume are also welcome), and contact information for two references at https://icct.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/174 . Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the fellowship position being offered. Applications without supplemental materials will receive less consideration.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
International Council on Clean Transportation gGmbHICCT
auf Google Maps ansehen